Skip to main content

Topic: ON THE SUBJECT OF PRECEPTS, BELIEFS AND THOUGHTS (Read 3360 times) previous topic - next topic

ON THE SUBJECT OF PRECEPTS, BELIEFS AND THOUGHTS

ON THE SUBJECT OF PRECEPTS, BELIEFS AND THOUGHTS

This is a huge and important subject that is not properly or fully addressed in other subjects than Knowledgism.

As I have often written, your current condition is the outcome of your accumulated earlier solutions.  And that is a truth that is worth pondering, as you will see as we proceed.

In our Knowledgism Dictionary, Precept is defined as follows:
PRECEPT 1. A prescribed rule of conduct or action; instruction or direction. 2. Instruction or direction regarding a given course of action, especially a maxim in morals. The basis and source of a belief system. (Study Series 3) 3. A substitute for you. It is a substitute of your perception, because you've perceived through the precept. Precepts are the basis for all study problems. The basic thing about a precept is it is a form of not being there. The precept is there, and you're not. (Lecture: "Comprehension of Precepts," January 22, 1993)
In actuality, precepts, beliefs and thoughts act as automatic false perception mechanisms that are superimposed on top of the actuality of what one should be truthfully and directly perceiving.

In the presence of precepts, beliefs and thoughts, one does not see truth: one only sees one's superimposed solutions to life.  Opinions also fall into this category of alteration to actuality . . . ever tried to discuss (or argue) with anyone who is totally stuck with their beliefs and opinions about any subject in life?  Opinions, of course, being what the person "thinks" about the thing being discussed.

The above is all bad enough; but here is the real disaster caused by this form of superimposed solution to life.

As Alan has revealed in our famous SPIEPIR formula, SPIEPIR is the sequence by which we Beings bring about conditions of existence, including physical universe actualities.

It runs like this: the Being, as a Spiritual presence Perceives existing conditions and, based on that perception forms an Intention regarding that which has been perceived.  The intention, of course can be anything: it could be to have things continue as they are or to make changes, but either way the intention is followed by an Envisioning of exactly how the creation intended will be (including exactly when it will actualize).  Following the envisioning is the development of the Plan needed to be Implemented to obtain the intended Result of the actualized vision as envisioned.  Hence the acronym SPIEPIR.

And it is because of this sequence that the false perceptions introduced into this life cycle are so very dangerous and often destructive.

False perception leads the Being to create false or erroneous intentions and visions which then lead to erroneous, even destructive, plans, actions and outcomes (results).

Ever wondered why folks do stupid things or behave as such stupid twits???  Here is your answer: it lies in the fact that they are operating based on false perception arising out of having superimposed into their universe and onto the environment and others about them their "think" . . . and they do not see actuality.  They only see their own created, superimposed precepts, beliefs, thought, opinions and the like.

Down in the Red Zone where delusion reigns, all this stuff actually acts as a substitute for the Being himself: that is, he himself does not do the perceiving, the precept and beliefs handle it all for him.  And that in actuality is the basis of why and how these solution mechanisms were set up by the Being . . . to handle life and/or that which was too difficult at one time or another to be handled directly.  He solved the situation by putting a substitute for self and his own direct perception and experiencing of the thing there instead.

In 1963, L. Ron Hubbard touched on this subject superficially.  He came out with the '63 version of what he called the "Service Facsimile" (Serfac, for short).  Originally, the Serfac R/D was based on finding the "safe solution" the guy was automatically and unknowingly running his life on.  At that time is was said to be "a computation that made self right and others wrong, aided one's survival while impeding the survival of others and, helped one escape domination while dominating others.

Well, that was quite a good discovery as far as it went, and certainly so for the time.  The following year, Hubbard goofed and claimed that listing for the "safe solution" of/on the case was an over run of the Problems Release state many had achieved.

But the big error was in thinking we each only had one "serfac" . . . we have many, many of them.  Indeed it is relatively correct to say we have at least one for each of the major areas and/or subjects of case we have . . . remember, we created these things to handle "life" and its charge and problems in the stead of us; and they take many forms.

The other big error by Hubbard was in not observing these precepts, beliefs, thoughts, opinions are not just "computations" (as he called them); but are indeed THINGS.  They exist as reality for the Being and have solidity and location, duration and contain all of the attributes of life itself!

Hence the "Thoughts Are Things" rundowns we have in Knowledgism.  These R/Ds totally unlock, dissipate the built up charge and encysted life-force and emotions and restore the Being's cause and sovereignty in the area.

There are three such R/Ds:
The one most used is now part of the "case handling" version of our famous "Thoughts are Things Clean Slate Procedure" posted elsewhere.
Then we have two versions of the original "Thoughts are Things Exercise" as released in 2005 on the Omni-Sovereign Course.  One version addresses the thoughts, beliefs and precepts you have stuck yourself with; and the other deals with the thoughts others are or have projected upon you. 

Attached is the version you can use to handle the thoughts you have put upon yourself or the environment and Beings about you.

It happens I had a hand in bringing about the development of this particular tech within Knowledgism.  But I'll leave that data for later when I discuss the subject of a missing step in the SPIEPIR formula (as above) that occurs at the perception step when one first makes contact with what one becomes aware of before deciding what to do about "the thing" . . . it is here that one "evaluates" (analyzes) the thing perceived as to worth, value, substance, condition, suitability, and such in order to decide what should be intended.

Roger
[/center]
/
  • Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:18:01 AM by Roger Boswarva
I coach folks who actually attain their ideals

• Christian
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Isle of View
Re: ON THE SUBJECT OF PRECEPTS, BELIEFS AND THOUGHTS
Reply #1
Very well written Roger.

Some time ago I realized that where the "precept" interferes is just between the Spirit and Perception (filtering the perception like a lensfilter of a camera). And it obscures the whole Ability Paradigm (SPIEPIR) right from there down the line.

Btw. is it possible to also get the version of the process that  "deals with the thoughts others are or have projected upon me".

Kind regards,
Christian
"A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Reply #2
Yes . . .  I'll dig it up from my archives, but I'll put it int the advanced practice section of the board as more than just cleaning up your own mind is involved

R

• Christian
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Isle of View
Reply #3
Thanks Roger.

For those who previously downloaded the above file: Roger has updated a reformatted version, as the previous one was broken and didn't display the emphasis correct. Please download the file again.

Cheers,
Christian

• Sultan
  • [*]
  • Practicing Member
Reply #4
Was reading this with great interest. Right now I am locating my wrong postulates that I made in past lives and canceling them. Is the precept, serfac, postulate, decisions the same thing?
What I do is to locate some limiting postulate that hinders some area of my life then I keep asking until some other underlying postulate comes up, then I keep asking until some deep basic postulate shows up that started it all. At that point I understand how the whole chain originated and begin canсeling from there. If postulates are the same as precepts and I could see them as things I could ask my questions to find the underlying deeper postulates at more different angles. Like also to try to find their exact locations or weight.

The second question is - should I replace them with more positive postulates or that would be wrong thing to do in the long run, since it would also become something that replaces my actual Being?
  • Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:58:49 PM by Sultan

• Sultan
  • [*]
  • Practicing Member
Reply #5
My addition to the above post - it seems that those precepts might also be a solutions posing as postulates. Then Solutions Unlocking Procedure should be used in addition to Clean Slate and Thoughts Are Things exercises?

• Christian
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Isle of View
Reply #6
The second question is - should I replace them with more positive postulates or that would be wrong thing to do in the long run, since it would also become something that replaces my actual Being?

This is an interesting question you are asking here. I have the same question.
I was working on Precepts/Thoughts today and after running the consequences of the limiting precept I worked on "better, more workable" precepts, also running the consequences.
But then I cognited that actually this new precept is also and "add-on", a modulation to my being.
However, when I look at it now, I see that what is really limiting about the thought is not the thought itself, but the fact that it is working from "behind", without inspection, unconciously -- thus, by making it known the debilitating power diminishes and we are causative about it. The same goes for conciously forming new precepts, we are at cause about them. Another benefit of processing it is, we see we can be at cause over toughts which gives us confidence that we actually can do more about the mess we're in :-)

Now that I've written it down, I feel it's not so far off. But would like to see an answer from advanced Knowlegists.

Kind regards,
Christian

Reply #7
Here is how Paul sees it.

The concept of a precept is false perception of an actuality (or a filter) as Christian noted.  It is akin to a belief that is substituted for perception.  It may be that the precept is a solution to the problem of being unable or unwilling to experience what is there to be perceived.  Contrast this with a postulate which is a decision to be, do or have.  The precept is not a decision but a belief that then dictates how a thing is to be perceived.

Example:  The precept "All Russians are Communists" is not born out by inspection but if a person is opposed to Communists they will quite automatically find themselves opposed to all Russians.  The holder of the precepet does not decide or postulate hating Russians but automatically hates them as a result of their held precept (and inability to inspect).
"The truth is what the truth is, not what you want it to be. . . . The problem with truth is it nearly always conflicts with a belief."
ACW . . . 'Making It All The Way Out'

• Christian
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Isle of View
Reply #8
I agree, Paul, a postulate may contain a decision (or intent) but isn't another definition of postulate a "self created truth"?
Also the dictionary definitions (in the following list #2 and #3):
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/postulate
says:

2. to claim or assume the existence or truth of, especially as a basis for reasoning or arguing.

3. to assume without proof, or as self-evident; take for granted.

Just checking notes :-)

Kind regards,
Christian

Reply #9
The definitions for postulate are correct (as is the definition of precept in Roger's original post),  I would note that the original post said nothing about postulates which were only later entered into the coversation.  The subject of postulates is 'additive' think that actually blocks comprehension of what was originally written.  A discussion of postulataes probably belongs on another thread. Try to find for yourself some examples of precepts.  You might even inspect their source. They are here and now uninspected thought or beliefs that block perception of truth, not our postulates unless the postulate was to intentionally block or alter perception.

There is actually a large difference between a postulate (a self created decision that sets a future be, do or have) and a precept which is often borrowed (unknowingly) or enforced upon one by outside forces. Precepts very often have command value that dictates a false or incomplete perception of the truth (an existing actuality).

I would suggest that confusion between the two concepts comes about from Hubbard's rather narrow only one view of how realities are created.  Hubbard's insistence of focusing on postulates (as defined by him) are another of his many research errors.
  • Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:22:38 AM by Paul Fairchild
"The truth is what the truth is, not what you want it to be. . . . The problem with truth is it nearly always conflicts with a belief."
ACW . . . 'Making It All The Way Out'

Reply #10
 (M& (M&

Sultan,  good thinking, Mate . . . though I would not be inclined to use first draft and experimental "Solutions Handling" I put up, as I will explain in a moment.  When you collide with a precept, belief or thought . . . use the "Thoughts are Things Handling": either the part of the Cleanslate or the simple drill/exercise. This because what you have your hands on IS a known precept, belief or thought.  The Solution Handling I put up addressed a situation wherein I found myself in a condition that resulted from earlier created actions engaged in to solve an earlier scenario.  These are similar, related but different things . . . one resulted from the other.

As to the issue of "postulates and added 'Precepts'" that Christian and Paul addressed . . . several comments I have.

1)  Hubbard misused the word (as he often did when he tried to sound highly "learned" . . . he used in to mean (and he defined it as such in his dictionaries/writings) as a "creative thought." . . .  you'll recall his repeated utterances of him referring to folks "postulating future events" or "things" into existence.  He was an absolute poseur!

In knowledgism, we do have a handling for creating or envisioning "a more optimum scenario" . . .

Where appropriate, (needed) after the client has handled and undone the goofy or negative precept, belief or thought, but is still somehow hung up with the situation it had been created to handle (I avoided use of the word postulated), then you run: "What would be a more optimum 'solution,' precept, operating paradigm, vision, intention (pick one of these as appropriate to what you just handled)?"  Then ask:  "What would be or could be the consequences of (chosen new precept)"  Repeat this to cause indicators.

To be noted is the point that all the above we have discussed really depends upon where on the Zones you are/the client is, a) when they created the original precept, belief or thought, b) ran the precept, belief or thought to clean it up and, c) when they attempt to put in place a replacement for the undone precept, belief or thought!

Your level on the Zones does determine the sanity, truth, applicability and result produced by these creations . . .

Also to be noted is the point that folks in the Green and Gold Zones have excellent perception of the truths and nuances of "isness." . . . Folks in the low Yellow and Red Zones routinely mis-duplicate, mis-perceive and see differences as similarities and similarities as samenesses . . . it can get so bad, you begin to wonder where their head is at.

Basically, Alan and I also chatted on and referred to these handling mechanisms that we slap on things we have difficulty handling or understanding as "labels" . . . folks put labels on things in an effort to handle them.  It's part and parcel of the same mechanism . . . the failure to truthfully permeate and determine correctly the life force particles involved, but instead the slapping a handling device on the area, thing, person.

Rog

• Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:08:38 AM by Roger Boswarva

• Christian
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Isle of View
Reply #11
Good points, Roger.

I for one am glad that Alan didn't use the term "postulate" in his texts. The S.P.I.E.P.I.R. Ability Paradigm makes the whole cycle graspable.

Also good advices regarding the ZONE position in which the client is. Also with respect to the session.
When I process others I use the Vital Fundamental Process #1 before I move over to the process I am about to run.
But I flunk in Solo doing the same from time to time. (M&

Paul, I understand what you are saying. I also liked your explanation with Russians and Communists. In fact, I had to lough as it is a good description of the working paradigm of my father :-D (He's an epitome of prejudice...)

Kind regards,
Christian